Saturday, November 22, 2008

The taste of fall




When I think of fall I think of comfort foods, hot foods, foods cooking for hours in the oven while the delicious smells permeate the house...


While watching the Food Network I caught the show Tyler's Ultimate...man was I happy! I decided to do the featured recipe-only alter it to make it allergy free for me.




Followed the recipe as suggested-left out chives because kiddos do not appreciate.




Used a cheaper cut of meat and bought bone in pork chops. Baked for 18 min and broiled for 1 min.


Instead of hard cider I used organic apple cider and spiced it up beforehand by adding 1 juice of an orange, cloves, and a pinch of cinnamon-strain before using.


For the stuffed apples I added 1/2 lb pork sausage to a package of Bob's Red Mill-gluten free corn bread mix. This is a great mix!!




Busy Cook Tip: Do like me and cook the corn bread and sausage the day before to save time!
The whole family loved this and made me promise to make again.




No comments: